The night rains and me

The pitter patter of the raindrops on my window and I'm glad that its back! This momentary smile is not the usual warm smile that I feel from deep within , because sitting by the window side I feel low, cold and lonely at this hour of the night when everything around me is still and dark. This is another of those nights where my solitude is painful- where I would not like to talk to myself simply because it won't, it won't do!

I like the night rains, because it reminds me of a part of me which experiences it like itself - felt,but not seen! It can be as devious to destroy everything in the innocence of the silent night, yet it can be as gentle as a touch you're yearning. These night rains are the best mask that the nature can offer me - I can cry a river and yet no one except the raindrops, where my tears rush to like the river rushes to the sea, would know the salinity of negativity.

But , the reason what makes me love them- the feelings and sensations that I share with it are the purest because in the darkness of the night its just the raindrops, the winds and me. There's a beautiful silence, calm around us - the rain and me. The best part - the world's asleep and so whatever I share, remains between us only! You may think, what's there to share ? Honestly, everything and nothing! The petrichor , the cold winds, the raindrops caressing the skin ... Stretching out my arms from the balcony, the raindrops falling on my skin bring an interesting music of their own. With every sensation of the raindrops , the heartbeats start a jugalbandi of its own. Slowly, the racing heartbeats, the throbbing pulse on the wrists and the raindrops reach a beautiful crescendo and then the winds sweep me away from the earthly worries-that ultimate euphoria is indeed inexplicable! And that's why I love when it rains at night ....

Comments

Popular Posts