Glass house

Nowadays, this is happening more often with me that I stand still in a crowded place because its interesting to see how so many different faces and their life phases diffuse to mix up to a common entity- the crowd. Yet even in that stance of a strange unity , my senses take a different path to observe , think and imagine of breaking up and separating each distinct persona. However, this one trait of disassociation and distancing to think clearly or view the scene from a different direction has always intrigued me hence flowed deep into my existence. I can attribute that diversion to many things but it will be a different story altogether!

In one such instance of freezing down myself in the crowded metro station to be like the inanimate observation post of sorts , a simple amusing imagery struck my brain. Although I sheepishly admit that its functional capacities are very much doubted by everyone including me, the chain of thoughts that actually brought the imagery is something my mind is trying to explore. In the canvas of imagination, I could see a glass house painted and then maniacally, the nerves of the brain mixed up signals as usual! Seeing humans as glass house , for those few moments I could really appreciate the similarities between the two- the fragility and the strength ,the oscillation between transparency and opacity , etc.

Like the glass house, humans are fragile yet strong. The vulnerability , the weaknesses are like the walls of the glass house- either they expose us all naked and transparent or they close us all in inside the walls of our fears, insecurities etc. Yet by another perspective, the glass house can be symbolic of strength-the strength of safety. Humans try to protect or stand up to their beliefs , principles ,values even though in their immediate or not so immediate surroundings there might be a breakdown of sorts of those very things oneself may be trying to protect inside themselves.

The glass house is (having) such an intriguing oscillation between transparency and opacity. However , an interesting thing here is that the glass house is inanimate,so after all its our perspective which renders it transparent or opaque. If the glass walls are coloured, then even though there's some bit of transparency to view from outside , the illusion of beautiful colours will cloud the eyes. Similarly, the colours which are chosen to paint from inside can make the outer world look bright or dull. Hence its imperative to carefully choose the colours and its amount too!

The vibrating mobile phone brings me out of the freeze and the after thought that lurks in my mind - Even with cracks, holes, impressions and stains , at the end of the day there are beautiful glass houses around you!

Comments

  1. Very nicely put in the facts..great job :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifully written , take care about the punctuation marks though

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks , I'll try to take note of it since grammar ain't sadly my strong suit am still in the process of learning!

      Delete
  3. Wow! Avanti, this is a fabulous piece. I can totally relate it to myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad that you could , makes my day! :)

      Delete
  4. Half of things gone above my head, but a wonderful piece of writing, I have never thought how glass houses are all around us. Keep writing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe , I had already put a warning about the doubtful capacity of the brain as a subtle statutory warning in the beginning itself ;)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts