The wait

I still await that moment,
when I will be able to erase those memories..
I was standing at this side of your past,
happily watching you walk ahead to your future.
We knew this was bound to happen one day,
after all our paths were so different..
But we still walked together till the point
where even our concerns couldn't converge anymore! 
Like the river ever flowing to its sea,
Our lives never stopped too.
The sands of togetherness which had our imprints,
alas, I don't find them anymore.
Of what I had become in your company,
I have shut that part of me far for anyone else to see.
Sometimes, just like the familiar smell of an old room,
I try to search that part within me.
However, I still search the fragments of you,
through your favourite dishes in the cafe menu...
But I don't find the words anymore,
which can tear out that old you under the layers of new.
I seek your answer to this today,
which is deeper a sorrow -
the loss of the ability to make more memories with the same person because of their absence, or,
the loss of the charm of recounting  those memories,
where their presence or absence doesn't matter anymore ?
Time is so ruthless indeed,
for it has carved a totally different person in you...
Today , you stand in front of me,
yet I can't seem to recognise you!
Pray, for once help me find the older you,
since during this search I might find that part of myself,
which eloped away with my memories of you.
Complete me with the very same broken pieces,
that the thieves of circumstances stole away from me.
For this one time, my friend
I wait for my memories to bleed...

Comments

Popular Posts